Deploy Continuous Delivery for PE
After installing Puppet Application Manager (PAM), specify your initial configuration setting and deploy Continuous Delivery for Puppet Enterprise (PE) for the first time.
Before you beginInstall PAM.
- In PAM, upload your Continuous Delivery for PE license and follow the prompts to set up SSL certificates and make sure your infrastructure meets Continuous Delivery for PE system requirements.
To configure your Continuous Delivery for PE installation, click
- Enter a hostname for the Continuous Delivery for PE installation.
- Set a password for the Continuous Delivery for PE root user account.
Select where to host the webhook (for source control integration) and
local container registry (in Puppet-supported offline installs) endpoints.
- Use a Nodeport: All Kubernetes hosts listen on this NodePort and forward traffic to the appropriate endpoint.
- Use an Ingress with a hostname: The endpoint listens on ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS) for requests using the specified hostname.
- Configure any other settings on this page relevant to your installation, such as external databases, customized endpoints, a load balancer, or TLS certificates.
- When you've finished editing the configuration, click Save config. Saving new configuration settings initiates creation of a new Continuous Delivery for PE version.
- Click Go to new version, which redirects you to the Version history tab, and locate the new version in the All versions section of the page.
Monitor the new version's preflight checks. The Running
Checks indicator is visible while Continuous Delivery for PE checks your system to make sure your cluster
meets minimum system requirements. When the preflight checks are complete:
- If the status is Checks Failed, click
View preflights, correct the issues, and
click Re-run. Repeat this step as needed.Important: Do not move on until all preflight checks pass.
- If the status is Ready to Deploy, move on to the next step.
- If the status is Checks Failed, click View preflights, correct the issues, and click Re-run. Repeat this step as needed.
Once the version is ready to deploy, click Deploy and
monitor the application's status on the Application
During deployment, the application is in Missing status for several minutes. You can run
kubectl get pods --watchto monitor the deployment's progress.
When deployment is complete, the application's status changes to Ready.
https://<HOSTNAME>(using the hostname you entered on the Config screen) and sign into Continuous Delivery for PE.
What to do next
If you're upgrading to the 4.x series from a version in the 3.x series, see Migrate 3.x data to 4.x.
If you're new to Continuous Delivery for PE, see the Getting started guide to learn about the software's core features and workflows.