Add job hardware capabilities
Job hardware servers are organized by capabilities in Continuous Delivery for PE. A capability is a tag that indicates what type of jobs can run on that job hardware server. If you're managing a lot of job hardware servers, use capabilities to distribute the testing load.
For example, assume you want to create a new job that requires Python 3. To ensure Continuous Delivery for PE can run this job, you need to create a python-3 capability in Continuous Delivery for PE and assign to that capability all job hardware servers that have Python 3 installed and configured. Then, when you create the job that uses Python 3, specify that the job requires job hardware with the python-3 capability. When you run this job, Continuous Delivery for PE automatically locates a job hardware server with the python-3 capability and uses that job hardware server to run the job.
- Operating systems
- Organizational designations, such as dev-team-philly-testing
- Puppet testing resources, such as onceover or Puppet Development Kit
- In the Continuous Delivery for PE web UI, click Hardware.
- Click Add capability and name your new capability.
To assign job hardware servers to the capability, select the PE instance that manages the node you've selected
as job hardware, and then select the nodes you want to assign to the
Selected nodes appear in the Hardware with this capability list.
- After selecting all the nodes you want to assign to this capability, click Save.