Running plans from the console
Run ad hoc plans from the console.
Install the tasks you want to use.
Make sure you have permission to run the tasks.
When you set up a plan run from the console, the orchestrator creates an ID to track the plan run, shows the nodes included in the plan, and runs the plan on those nodes in the appropriate order. Puppet compiles a new catalog for each node included in the plan run.
- In the console, in the Orchestration section, select Plans and then click Run a plan.
- Under Code environment, select the environment where you installed the module containing the plan you want to run. For example, production.
- Optional: Under Job description, provide a description. This text appears on the Plans page.
- Optional: If you want to limit how long the plan can run before being automatically cancelled, select Yes for Timeout and select the duration and unit (such as thirty minutes).
- Under Plan, select the plan you want to run.
Under Plan parameters, add optional parameters, then
enter values for the optional and required parameters on the list. Click
Add parameter for each optional parameter-value pair
you add to the plan.
To view information about required and optional parameters for the plan, select view plan metadata below the Plan field.Express values as strings, arrays, objects, integers, or booleans (true or false). You must express empty strings as two double quotes with no space (
""). Structured values, like an array, must be valid JSON.Plans with default values run using the default unless you specify another value.
- Under Schedule, select Later and choose a start date, time, time zone, and frequency for the job to run.
- Select Run job.
If you need to stop an in-progress plan, click Stop Plan on the plan's run details page in the console or use the POST /command/stop_plan endpoint. This prevents new events from starting and allows in-progress events to finish. If you need to force stop an in-progress task from a stopped plan, refer to Stop a task in progress.