vRO plug-in 3.1
Released 23 May 2018
This section contains improvements and fixes in this version.
New in this version
- Support for an SSH key for login to Linux agents.
- First run of Puppet is controlled tightly for better reliability instead of an automatic async run.
- Hostnames are used throughout instead of IP addresses to connect to new agents.
- Many properties have override capability. For example, Puppet.RoleClass.Override
- Accepts Windows MSI installer props so users can set alternate run-as user for Puppet agent (to access network shares, etc).
- Property to exit install workflow with success to preserve hosts for debugging. Puppet.Debug.KeepFailedVMs
- Properties to specify desired Windows auth schemes: Puppet.WinRM.AuthMethod, Puppet.WinRM.UseHTTPS
- No longer dependent on vCenter, which means they might be suitable for AWS, Azure, Openstack provisioning with vRA (not currently with Puppet drag-n-drop component).
Fixes in this version
- sudo is used everywhere in Linux workflows and actions. It was absent in a couple of places previously causing issues on some OSs.
- Remove Master workflow does not hard fail if master not present. Leaves log message and finishes with success so vRA gets no error when removing endpoint.
- Better handling of warnings in Windows to prevent transient errors especially on Windows 2016.
- Resolution of Puppet master restart issues when purging nodes. Now Puppet master handles CRL reload automatically with no downtime (PE 2017.3 and higher).