Prepare to install the module
To help ensure the successful deployment of CEM, complete the preparation steps.
Review the following table to ensure that CEM can meet your organization’s requirements. CEM for Linux supports the following operating systems, frameworks, and
Operating system Framework or standard Level Profile Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7 CIS Benchmarks v3.1.1 1, 2 Server RHEL 7 Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) standard CentOS Linux 7 CIS Benchmarks v3.1.2 1, 2 Server RHEL 8 CIS Benchmarks v2.0.0 1, 2 Server
- Review the dependencies to ensure that your infrastructure will meet the requirements. Go to Puppet Forge and review the Dependencies tab.
- Install Puppet Enterprise (PE) 2019.8.4 or later. For instructions, see Installing.
- Configure PE. For instructions, see Configuring Puppet Enterprise.
- Ensure that the Puppet utility, which is built into PE, is at level 6.23.0 or later.
- To purchase CEM software, contact a Puppet by Perforce sales representative. For more information, see Contact Sales.