Prepare to install the module
To help ensure the successful deployment of CEM, complete the preparation steps.
- Review the following table to ensure that CEM
can meet your organization’s requirements.
cem_windowssupports the following operating systems and Center for Internet Security (CIS) Benchmarks:
Operating system Framework Level Profile Windows Server 2022 CIS Benchmarks v2.0.0 1 Member Server Windows Server 2019 CIS Benchmarks v2.0.0 1 Member Server Windows Server 2016 CIS Benchmarks v2.0.0 1 Member Server Windows 10 Enterprise CIS Benchmarks v2.0.0 1 Corporate EnterpriseRestriction: The
domain_controllerprofile is not supported for any CIS controls.Tip: CEM uses Desired State Configuration (DSC) modules and the
validation_modeparameter to ensure that resources do not remain in a "flapping" state. For more information, see securitypolicydsc.
- Install Puppet Enterprise (PE). You can install any version in the 2021.7 or 2023 release stream. For instructions, see Installing.
- Review the dependencies to ensure that your infrastructure will meet the requirements. Go to Puppet Forge and review the Dependencies tab.
- Configure PE. For instructions, see Configuring Puppet Enterprise.
- Ensure that the Puppet utility is at the correct level. If you are using a level 6 utility, it must be v6.23.0 or later. If you are using a level 7 utility, it must be v7.8.0 or later.
- To purchase CEM software, contact a Puppet by Perforce sales representative. For more information, see Contact Sales.