Prepare to install the module
To help ensure the successful deployment of CEM, complete the preparation steps.
- Review the following table to ensure that CEM
can meet your organization’s requirements.
cem_windowssupports the following operating systems and CIS benchmarks:
Operating system Framework Level Profile Windows Server 2019 CIS Benchmarks v1.3.0 1 Member Server Windows Server 2016 CIS Benchmarks v1.4.0 1 Member Server Windows 10 Enterprise CIS Benchmarks v1.12.0 1 Corporate EnterpriseTip: CEM uses Desired State Configuration (DSC) modules and the
validation_modeparameter to ensure that resources do not remain in a "flapping" state. For more information, see securitypolicydsc.
- Install Puppet Enterprise (PE). To use PE at a 2019 level, install version 2019.8.4 or later. To use PE at a 2021 level, install 2021.2.0 or later. For instructions, see Installing.
- Review the dependencies to ensure that your infrastructure will meet the requirements. Go to Puppet Forge and review the Dependencies tab.
- Configure PE. For instructions, see Configuring Puppet Enterprise.
- Ensure that the Puppet utility is at the correct level. If you are using a level 6 utility, it must be v6.23.0 or later. If you are using a level 7 utility, it must be v7.8.0 or later.
- To purchase CEM software, contact a Puppet by Perforce sales representative. For more information, see Contact Sales.